A Winery with a Smiling Face

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last week I wrote about the People's Farmer's Market and guess what...? This week I went again. I had my vegan dawg and Jonny had the vegan beer brat. Both were delicious and piled high with our choice of condiments. After I finished my very satisfying vegan beast of a dawg, I saw wine! Hmmm, maybe a tasting? Yes, yes it was! Klickitat Canyon, "where the grapes speak for themselves" had three different wines for all to try. This winery is located in Lyle, WA. and the grapes are grown in the Columbia Gorge. First, I tried the Pinot Noir, with it's bold, sour and thick taste I was sure it was going to be my favorite. Then, I tried the Ruby Red Table wine and it's drinkability was amazing. I tasted a woodsy, tangy zest, ending in a rather sweet tenure. Lastly, the Syrah was poured, I could really taste the dirt in this wine. The lovely representative explained to us that the grapes are not washed of their natural yeast, what looks like dust, that is apparent on them while they grow. This lack of washing adds intense fermentation and a very tasteful end product. We purchased a bottle of the Ruby Red Table wine considering it was the cheapest, $10.99 and the others being $25.99 we passed on for today. I will go back and buy the Pinot, no matter what the price. It was delicious!

We were told that no two bottles will taste the same, basically because nature just isn't that consistent. Klickitat Canyon being USDA Organic, prides themselves in, "nothing but the grapes". The wines are unfiltered and contain no added sulfites. I was very satisfied with the complexity and drinkability of these wines. I suggest them all! The befriending wine pourer invited us to try all of their wines at the winery. She spoke of the skilled vintner and the wineries authentic practices. All the more reason to drink their wine and visit the winery. After navigating the website, I have found that the owner is quite educated and just seems incredibly interesting. So, buy Klickitat Canyon's wine at the People's Co-op for certain, or check at your local grocer. I hope you all will enjoy a glass of vino this evening or in the near future. Support organic wines, it is the way wine is supposed to taste. Just grapes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Foodie Foursome Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino